Sunday, November 23, 2014

Birthday Weekend Part 2 - Maritime Museum

Part 2 of C's birthday in Sydney was a trip to the National Maritime Museum. We have all always wanted to go and have a look around the submarine, tall ship and naval ship. It's great that the have them in the middle of the city and open them to the public.

E was excited but also very scared about heading down into the sub. She honestly thought that it would sink while we were all in there and the water would come rushing in. After lots of coaxing and assurance she finally went it !! Then the bugger didn't want to leave !!

 It was great to be able to get inside and see how they lived, but there was no way that you would get me in there and sail away !! You couldn't even stand up straight in the bathroom !! Next stop was the Naval Ship.







Next stop over to the tall ship, again after going on this ship I would not be comfortable on this either, once below deck I could not stand up straight and had to crawl at one point !! I think I would live on deck !!


Wow what a full adventurous day !! It's nice to be a tourist in your own town and thanks to Uncle Jim for coming and having lunch with us. Thanks so much C for hanging out with your family for the last of your child age years. This time next year you will officially be a TEENAGER !! Not sure how I will feel then and not sure whether to laugh or cry. I know there will be a few tears coming both our way over the next few years but going by how you are now I don't think we will have any major issues. You are growing into a wonderful mature and loving young lady who I am proud to call my daughter. xxx

We all love you very, very much and can't wait to see what is next for you. Our last stop of the day was at the Welcome Wall.


HAPPY 12TH BIRTHDAY !!

No comments:

Post a Comment