Sunday, December 28, 2014

Chinese Gardens

Headed out on the train for a day in the city and headed for the Chinese Gardens. The girls have been asking for a while to have a look and it has been a very long time since I have been there so what better place to head to. A surprise for the girls was waiting at the gate. Uncle Jim !!


We took Grandma along for the ride

Catching up on some missed sleep from an early wake up


Chloe the puppy dog came along for the trip


As soon as we walked in E spotted a mother duck and her little ducklings. They were so cute and we watched them for ages.







I just love the peace and quiet of the gardens right in the middle of a busy city. It is such a pretty place with lots of things to look at and places to explore.

While we were walking around the gardens there was a little girl that was beautifully dressed in traditional dress. We thought that there must have been some event on in the gardens. A little further along we found a building that was advertising traditional dress. For a small fee you could dress up in costume then head out through the gardens and take your own pictures. Boy were the girls excited !! and they looked beautiful. Even Grandma got into the spirit.


How good do they look ??!!
My girls fit right in











What a great time and a nice little extra surprise. I have told everyone I know about the dress ups. Maybe have to think about bringing Sandy back and dressing up as a family but I think I might be fighting a loosing battle there !!!

The rest of the day was spent wandering around Darling Harbour and then finishing off with a play at the park and a splash around in the water play ground. I love heading to Sydney, there are so many things to see and do.

No comments:

Post a Comment