Finally the time had come for my mum to say goodbye to her top row of teeth and hello to her new sparkly ones !!! So off to the hospital we go for a 8.00 am start.
Mum was a little nervous but very brave all at the same time. Of course I took photos of before and after !! So note that there are some gruesome pics to follow.
 |
| So before with her large gappy teeth. Goodbye !!! |
 |
| Not a great close up but you get the picture. |
 |
| Welcome home mum !!! |
 |
| You should see the other guy !!! |
Sandy took the above pics of the bandages as I was at work. So by the time I was able to see mum the bandages were off and the full force of the day was there for all to see !! The bottom half of her face was numb and the poor woman had no control. Trying to eat was a nightmare for her. Luckily the numbness also took away any pain.
 |
| The whole bottom of her face was droopy. Love the blood stained lips. |
 |
| The best pic I could get of her new teeth cause she couldn't smile !!! |
Day 2 and mum was looking much better. One half of her face is still a little numb so she ended up with a smirk.
 |
| The best smile we could get. Look at those pearly whites !!! |
So now we welcome the new teeth which I have to say look fantastic. I couldn't imagine what she would look like and am pretty happy with the result as is mum.
So now the real healing begins and so far not to much pain, even when she took them out for the first time to clean them. She was very brave to do it all. I couldn't even be in the same room. My stomach was queasy just thinking about it !! Great job mum, I'm very proud of you. xxxx
LOVE THEM!!! Can't wait to see a full on smile, once she gets a little more healed, but BEAUTIFUL!!! I kept checking your blog to see if you had posted pics yet. Tell her that we hope she feels better quick, and that we love the new smile!!! :)
ReplyDelete