Monday, February 27, 2012

Manly Take 2

On the weekend I was able to get away by myself and spend the night at Uncle Jim's place. On Saturday morning I hopped on the train and headed to Sydney for a few hours of shopping at Paddy's Markets before getting ready to see a performance of Love Never Dies with Uncle Jim at the Capitol Theatre. Love Never Dies is the sequel to the Phantom of the Opera (my favorite stage show !!).

So on Sunday morning Sandy and the girls drove to Uncle Jim's to pick me up and have a day out in Manly. The weather I have to say was perfect and 1,000,000 % better than out last trip. Tracee I hope this makes you 'homesick" !!!

 
The multi storey building on the left was were Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban were married !
Manly Beach is beautiful !!!
Luckily Sandy made E wear shorts under her dress. The bottom of the dress was soaked !!
Nigel no friends !!! Well we did need someone to look after the shoes !!
Watch out girls !!
After enjoying the waves and the beach we headed back to the Corso and wandered how on earth we were going to get the sand off our feet. There were some beach showers but no taps to wash the sand off until we went across the road and found this ....

What a perfect way to clean up !!
Next stop was again the Aquarium while Uncle Jim browsed the markets. The kids love going to see all the fish, especially the sharks and turtles. On the way to see the fish we stopped off to buy some chocolate. E didn't want any so ended up getting a foam sword !!! I preferred the chocolate !!!

Just have to pose for each photo !!
I opened it with my new sword !!!
I'll fight it off with my new sword before he gets me !!!
What a perfect weekend. Entertainment, me time, family, sand, surf and perfect weather. What more could anyone want. Roll on the next one !!! Hope this has made you really, really miss us here in Australia Jared and Tracee cause we miss you heaps xxxx. And a huge thanks to Uncle Jim for being my "date" for the theatre and putting up with me all weekend. Love you xxxx

2 comments:

  1. Yes it does make me miss it. I was talking with Jared last night saying how we need to move back to Australia. He has to get some more ratings with flying, but just know that it is still a HUGE option for us!!! We miss you guys too. R still talks about C and E.

    I love how Sandy is in the background of the fountain pictures sitting the same way as at the beach! FUNNY!

    And the sword, so glad that it made it in so many pictures!!! What a funny girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosh Tracee you just made my day. But we have to make sure that you guys are in the states when we come visit so you can be our own personal your guide.

      I didn't notice Sandy's sitting positions !!! Good eye. Yes E was very happy with the sword and carried it for the rest of the day.

      Delete