So in February Sandy and I packed up for a few days and flew to Melbourne. I was booked in for a 2 day conference for Mary Kay Cosmetics and since neither of us had been, Sandy decided to tag along and check the sites out in the city while I was at the conference.
We decided to head down a day early so that we could spend some time together looking around which was fantastic. We were able to be at the top of Eureka Tower to watch the sun set. Aww how romantic xx
 |
| Watching the bush fires raging as we enter Melbourne |
 |
| Our lovely hotel room in Albert Park. |
|
 |
| The hotel foyer was cool |
 |
| The foyer was featured soon after on a TV program |
After checking in we decided to head to the beach on foot which ended up being a little further than we planned but we found a nice cafe and rested while we ate dinner. It was worth the trip though. The beach area was small but pretty and there were wind surfers everywhere in the bay area. It was really cool to watch them all surfing along and jumping through the air.
After checking out the beach we caught our first Melbourne tram back into the city for a look around and a trip to the sky deck for sunset.
 |
| The views were amazing |
 |
| The beautiful sunset |
 |
| I just had to have a picture of the front of Flinders Street Station |
The next day while I was at the conference, Sandy spent the day walking the streets of Melbourne !!! and these are the photos he came home with. As much as I enjoyed the conference I wish I had skipped it and spent the day with my husband.
 |
| Of course Sandy found the auto museum. |
Melbourne is a place that we will come back to but not in a hurray and when I have a lot of money to spend as the shopping is supposed to be AMAZING !! Even though we only spent the one whole day together it was great to just have that us time. Thanks for coming with me honey xxx
No comments:
Post a Comment