Friday, August 15, 2014

Blackpool

Another day trip this time on the bus to Blackpool.

Blackpool is the holiday destination for EVERYONE !! I just had to see for myself why it is so popular. They have 3 piers into the ocean with fair rides and also Blackpool Tower. Let the adventure begin.

This was one of the first things I saw !!

Look my own shop !!

Welcome to windy Blackpool. Tides in !!
Blackpool Tower
View from the top looking to the road below.
The writing is jokes and sayings that you are supposed to read from the top of the tower.
View from up the top




Jim being brave on the glass floor viewing platform.
Before we headed to the top of the tower we were shown a movie about Blackpool. It was a pretty cool movie and was in 4D so you really felt like you were part of the movie and really flying through the air. They made it snow and you also got wet when you travelled through the water. Very cool experience.

Also at the tower was a grand ballroom where you could pay and be able to dance on the floor or have some morning or afternoon tea. We didn't want to dance but you were able to view it from the upstairs area and just sit and watch everyone on the floor. There is also the piano player on the stage playing lots of different old time songs. He arrives though the floor !!



It was so pretty, could have stayed there all day.

So old and so beautiful.


Really wanted to go here but not enough time or money !!
Blackpool foreshore and now the tide has left !!
 
 

The other major attraction that we went to were the Blackpool Dungeons. What a scary place as I don't do well in the dark as I am night blind !!

We had our picture taken with shackles and a large axe as a gimmick at the beginning and of course you can't take any pics inside :(

Once I got over the initial terror it was quite a great experience. Lots to laugh at and also make you jump out of your skin.

Of course Donna was roped into one of the displays. I had to stand in the docks of the courthouse and was charged with being a witch. I was charged with witch craft and dancing naked in the moon light while jiggling my wiggly bits !! Believe me I have plenty of those !!!

Another bit of fun was Jim and I both went to separate palm readers. Jim went to one on the pier and I went to another on the main street. The crazy thing was that one whole part of the reading was exactly the same. Pretty cool and spooky at the same time as we went to 2 completely different readers. Mine told me that I was on the right path, had made the right decision about the house and that my baby that didn't make it to this world was my guardian angel and is with me and watching over me all the time. This information was a great comfort to me. Uncle Jim's was a little crazier but time will tell if all with come true.

Another funny thing about the main drag of Blackpool were the arcades that were right along the water front. I don't think you could go by more than 3 shops before another games arcade !!

Thanks Blackpool for a great day. I now fully understand why everyone travels there for the holidays. There is so much to do and see and so much fun to be had. Will be adding this also to the return list.

That also concludes our trip to Yorkshire. Thanks to everyone for being so great to us while we have been here. Allowed us into your hearts and home. We will miss you greatly and counting down till we return in a few years. Thanks again everyone we love you xxxx

 

No comments:

Post a Comment