Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Family

The main reason for this trip was to go and see where my family was born and to see where my mum and her siblings grew up before heading to Australia. The beauty of doing this was to see and meet the family and friends that they left behind.

I myself had only ever met Grandma Palmers sister Mollie when she came to Australia for a holiday when I was about 12 years old. Most of the people in England had met me when I was visiting back in 1980 when I was eight months old. Needless to say I have no memory of that trip so I was meeting these people for the first time and meeting up again with Aunty Mollie. I couldn't wait to get my hands on her !!!

We met up with so many people, one of them was Debbie. Debbie is the niece of Aunty Norma and the daughter of Joyce. When we were about 10 or 12 years old Debbie and I became pen pals for a few years which was a lot of fun. It was great to meet her and her beautiful little boy. What a cutie !!


Beautiful mother and daughter
Told you he was a cutie.

Next family catch up was Huddersfield Football Club to meet up with Aunty Mollie, Angela and Ian who were kind enough to show us around and take us to where mum and the gang grew up. They also organised to pick up Aunty Mollie and get everyone together.

Angela and Ian
 
Can see the family resemblance here
 
The gorgeous and witty Aunty Mollie xx
 
 
Uncle Les, Angela, Ian, Lesley, Elaine, Aunty Mollie and
 
 
I just LOVED spending time with Aunty Mollie
 
 
Isn't she just the cutest !! Love her to bits xxx
What a great afternoon of laughter and tears. I'm sure Uncle Jim was feeling the same way and didn't want the day to end. Thanks everyone for a great catch up, great stories and some family history.
 
Another family get together was with John and Margaret. We all got together for a family dinner. Unfortunaly Sophie couldn't make it as she was feeling unwell being pregnant with her second child.
 
 
 
 
What a fantastic time we have all had catching up, swapping stories and being shown around. A massive thank you to each and every one of you. It has made my trip a true highlight and can't wait for you all to meet the rest of my little family on our return trip in a few years time.

No comments:

Post a Comment