Sunday, July 27, 2014

York Minster

After our morning visit to York Minster we booked ourselves into an afternoon tour that allowed us to climb to the top and be on the roof.


The towers were very tight and I was followed by some creepy guy !!
 
Level 1, first open door.
 
I loved being up high on the outside. Very different view of the building.

Lots of restoration work going on.


Made it to the top and what a view.
 

 
It was great being able to climb to the top although it was very small and made you quite dizzy going up and down the towers. People were obviously a lot smaller in size and height way back when.
 
Thanks York for such a great day. The town is also surrounded by a large wall which I will be walking on next time round.
 
 
 
Enjoyed a little rest after such a great day and preparing ourselves for the horror bus ride home. Lucky for us the bus stayed intact and the drivers knew how to get home !! Onto the next adventure.
 
 

1 comment: