Today was a very busy day where we visited 3 major land marks of London. We started out with St Pauls Cathedral where Prince Charles and Princess Diana were married, moved onto The Monument and ended the day with a trip to the Tower of London.
I have broken it into 2 posts so keep a look out for the Tower of London pics in a separate post.
I began this post with STAIRS as I don't think that I have EVER climbed so many of the things in one day !! Even the giant staircase in the Blue Mountains can't compete !!!
So starting our day at St Pauls. Again so beautiful inside and has so much history attached to it. This was the church where Princess Diana was married and was very surreal to see the black and white chequered floor where she walked up the isle and now I have made that same journey.
Again like York Minster you could go on a tour over three levels to the top of the dome of the cathedral. Welcome stairs I'm ready to take you on !!
| The river Thames. |
| The view of the city was worth the climb. |
| Yes I made it all the way to the top. |
There is only 1 spiral staircase up the centre so you have to give way up and down.
| Tower Bridge, this is NOT London Bridge !! |
| The top of St Pauls where I just climbed !! |
| Round and round and round we go. |
| Caged in viewing platform. |
So we made it up and back. With all the stair climbing we have been doing on this trip I wont have to exercise for the rest of the year !!
Stay tuned for the rest of our day where we head to the Tower of London.
No comments:
Post a Comment