Friday, February 1, 2013

Aussie Day 2013 - Wish you were here !!!

Another great Australia Day has come and gone, again with perfect weather.

This year the girls and I were able to stay the night with my mum as both Uncle Jim and Uncle Denis were both out with broken bones. Good on you both !! This also gave us the chance to enjoy the whole day and we didn't have to rush.

First job of the day was to colour the kids hair green and gold !!

My 'steady' hand ruined the pics a bit but you get the idea.
So off we went for our first outing of the day. Being there from early in the morning has its benefits. Although the day was supposed to start about 11.00 am the place we quite busy when we ventured out just before 10.00am.

The freebies this year were awesome. We ended up with a truck load of stuff. Hats, sunscreen, lip gloss, tooth brushes and tooth paste, pens, balloons and much more. Everything was really good quality as well. No cheap and nasty stuff that is broken in 2 minutes !!

Another good thing about being there from the start was that this year we were finally able to go and see the cannon firing at the old battery. I have been wanting to go and see this for many years but we are always to late to see it.

 I love them all dressed up in the uniforms of the past.
Everyone is a volunteer that helps out on the day.
So proud that I got "the shot" !!
Back home for some lunch and recovery as it was pretty hot before we hit the streets again. This time to sample the rides and watch the Hospital Bed Race.


Mum had been eying off the Haunted House ride all day and told C that she was going with her. I don't think C really thought that she was serious. Reality hit hard when mum paid $16.00 for the tickets. Poor C got more and more anxious the closer they got to the front and even had tears running. C is not really one for extreme rides !!! I think the pics turned out really well !!!

Do I have to go ??? !!!
No more PLEASE !!!
Never going to talk to any of you again !!
 Thanks C for giving me the best laugh of the day. Don't we all love tormenting our kids !!

Next stop was the Hospital Bed Race. I try to get to see some of this every year. Most people dress up and have a great time.


It's not Aus Day without the giant slide !!!
They really did enjoy it although you wouldn't know it !!
Next stop for C the roller coaster !!
The Scouts and Girl Guides made the swing during the day.
Back home again for another rest after E had a go on the tea cup ride and dancing swans and C a go on the swinging chairs. This also took us to dinner where we gobbled up all the sausage rolls, party pies and lamingtons !!! Yummy, yummy, yummy !!


We had yet another great Aussie Day although a little quiet without the rest of the family. Lets hope all is well for next year. Of course the day ended with an awesome fireworks display but I didn't take the camera for that as I never get any good shots.

Last but not least is a picture for the McSweeney family. We have all been collecting stuff this year to help us celebrate our great day and mum did send a small package to help you out with your own celebrations. But this is what was not sent and is waiting for either a McSweeney to come and collect or for us to bring over. Whichever happens first !!!!



2 comments: