Friday, October 12, 2012

Blue Mountains Part 2

The second half of our day in the Blue Mountains was our great hike down the Giant Stairway. This is another thing that I have been able to cross off my list. I also think that the kids were alot happier with this part of the day !!!

So let us being our great hike !!
Heading down to the foot of the first sister.
I love this photo cause you can see the great drop next to them.
So now was the time for anyone to head back to the lookout or head down the stairs. I really thought that E would not want to do it but she said yes. So off we went. Lets see how long this lasts !!!

As usual C is streaks ahead !!
Still going strong.
So about 2/3 of the way down E says that her legs are sore and she wants to take a break so C and I carry on without them. B the time we reach the bottom we are still in shouting distance to Sandy and E. Once E hears that we are at the bottom she is off like a rocket and also down the bottom !!!

Yippee she made it !!!
Yippee I made it, with jacket and backpack on !!!
And here they come !!!
Yippee they made it !!!
Two very proud kids.

The walk back up was ALOT slower for me !! I did struggle to get up the stairs but the kids did a great job. E surprised me the most as we had already had such a big day and there was no real complaining.

We have had a great time on our little trip, but the time had come for us to pack and head home. We have been blessed with great weather and perfectly behaved kids. Sandy & I were so proud of the kids especially today, getting over their fears and surviving the really long day. Thanks kids for being so great !!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment