Six weeks after I arrived back home I was off again but this time with my family in tow. Since I had been gone so long it was time for a much needed family getaway to Canberra. We hadn't been for a really long time and it is a great place to take kids, so we packed up the car and off we went.
We tried to pack in as much as we could each day which was great fun but very tiring at the same time. Day 1 we packed in Cockington Green, the Dinosaur Museum and a lookout above the War Memorial.
It's funny how you remember things. I remember going to Cockington Green as a child and once as an adult and always thought the place was pretty large but this time when I went it was very compact and small but everything I remembered was still there. Funny how the memory works. It was great to go back with my own kids to see what they thought of the place, and happy to say that they loved it.
 |
| Windmills on the way |
 |
| Found this sign on the footpath both funny and scary !! |
 |
| Love the house entry at Cockington Green |
 |
| The miniature version of the house |
 |
| Football game complete with a streaker ! |
 |
| Nothing compares to the real thing !! |
 |
| Love these guys more than they will ever know xxx |
Next stop the Dinosaur Museum. What a cool place and that's even before we have walked through the door. All the dinosaurs outside are easy access all day every day. I would love to have brought them all home !!
I highly recommend the place to anyone whether you like dinosaurs or not and it was great for the kids as they had a list of questions to answer and they got a prize at the end. Now to head to the lookout and have a good look around !!!
No comments:
Post a Comment