Saturday, May 31, 2014

Bits and Pieces

Just a few pictures that were taken over the time that don't really fit into other posts.

The next 2 are of the houses where my mother spent her first few years in England before moving to Australia.

This was the first house before they moved 2 doors down.
The second place, the first white door.
I can now say that I have seen where my mother grew up which was the main reason for the visit. It's sad to say that it has not been maintained and did no feel like a safe place to be. Even Ian who took us said not to hang around to long. At least I can say that I have been there. Maybe when we return things may be better. Fingers crossed.

Some little things that happened while we were staying at Norma and Normans was being able to enjoy a wonderful roast dinner with Yorkshire Pudding. Have been waiting for this the whole trip. I always loved when we had backed dinners at Grandma's house. Her puddings were always SO good !!! Now I have had Yorkshire Pudding in Yorkshire !!!

Yummy, yummy, yummy.
Yummy going into my tummy !!

Norma was kind enough to do our washing and ironing while we were there. No hills hoist for the English.


The last picture I had to take. So much yummy toffee for a really, really good price. LOVE my Thornton's Toffee. Pity everyone else does too !!

No comments:

Post a Comment