Friday, March 28, 2014

Huddersfield, we have arrived !!

Next adventure was to head to Huddersfield to visit family that I have not seen since I was 8 months old. This was the main purpose of our trip to see where my mum and her family once lived before they headed to Australia and left their old life behind.

A massive thankyou to Aunty Norma and Uncle Norman for allowing us to crash at their place and being the perfect hosts. We love you both very, very much.

After a 5 hour bus trip we arrived.

DEAD SLOW I think that is a little TOO slow !!

Travelling through the beautiful English country side.

Coming into town. See how close the front doors are to the street.

And their back yards.

Our home away from home.

Our cosy living arrangements. Still couldn't sleep on my own !!!
Our first stop was to visit Norma and Norman's son and daughter in law, John and Margaret. I was not ready for their house as you will see from the next photos. I didn't want to leave !!

Check out the view.



Their house is a converted barn and so beautiful.

Check out John's car in the garage !! Didn't get a chance to drive in it :( Next time !!

The gorgeous Seth. We became pretty good friends by the end xxx
The next pictures were taken on our last day in Huddersfield but thought I would include them here.

Our beautiful and gracious hosts. We love you to bits xxx

The beautiful John and Margaret. We love you guys too xxx

What a great place to be and such great company from everyone. So many new people to meet and great adventures to have. I know that I can not wait to get back and to bring my little family back to meet everyone. We love you all xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment