Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Horsing Around

Facebook is a wonderful thing and I am so glad that I ended up joining. It has allowed me to keep in touch with all my relatives overseas and it has also let me reconnect with people that I have not seen in a very long time.

One of those people was a great friend of mine during high school but after that we lost touch. We have been chatting on line for a long time now and with the birth of her first child it was time to get back together and say hello.

So we took the plunge and while it was the school holidays the girls and I headed off on a big adventure. When we were planning the day I was thinking that she only lived up the mountain and it wouldn't take very long to get there. Boy was I wrong !!! What I thought would have been a 45 minute drive turned into a 2 hour trip !!! But there was no way that I was going to miss out. Plus the girls were beside themselves about seeing the horses and of course the gorgeous Nicholas !!!

You know it's going to be a good day when E wakes up and says "Mummy is this the day we get to see the horses?" Yes E today's the day !! Lucky for me I had trusty Gina (our Garmin GPS) to guide the way !!!

The girls were so excited to feed the horses
E had been waiting all week for this day !!!
Isn't he a cutie !!!
The 3 day old lamb in the paddock next door !!
Feeding Elysha's horse Kikki !!

After feeding the horses at home Elysha took us all to the racing stables to see her race horse Princess. The kids were hoping that they may get to ride a horse somewhere during the day and the time came. E had her turn first but both Princess and E were spooked so no sitting or riding for her. Next up was C, we were hoping not to spook Princess again but we did !!! but C was able to hang on and take a seat !!!

See there she is declaring this to be the best day EVER !!!
 Next stop was the park for some lunch. It was quite chilly but a great little park. And Jared you would have been very excited as we were right next to the Air Force Base !!!

You are such a happy little baby !!!
Here you go Jared, right on cue a large American aircraft took off !!!

Not a great shot but proof about the aircraft !!!
I just LOVE the look on Nicholas' face, what a classic !!
You are just so cute !!!

Thankyou so much Elysha and Nicholas for letting us come to visit. It has been way to long. We all had a great time and even though it has been many years since we have seen it each other, it felt like yesterday !!! We can't wait to catch up with you all again when it gets a little warmer and you come down to the beach !!! Roll on summer !!!


1 comment:

  1. How fun for not only, getting to catch up with old friend, but for the girls too!

    ReplyDelete