Sunday, May 27, 2012

My Sporty Girls

This post is a little behind time because I have been flat out working which has been great fun.

So over the past couple of the weeks the girls have been very sporty. C was lucky enough to qualify for the district cross country and the school athletics carnival was also held.

The first part of this post is C at the cross country. She was so excited to be able to go and we were very proud of her achievements .

One very excited child before the event.
Waiting for her age group to be called.
Getting ready to start a pretty tough race.
Go, go, go !!!
C ran a fantastic race !!!
One VERY exhausted child !!!
 C ran an awesome race for her first go coming in the middle of the pack, but by the end she was exhausted. Her reaction to the day was that she NEVER wants to do it again !!! Maybe she will change her mind next year !!!!

Now onto the athletics carnival. This year I did a lot of running around the field myself chasing both the girls trying to make sure that I saw each one do all of their events. E was very excited about the whole idea of trying all the new sports !!!

First up E with the high jump. Very funny to watch !!!
The kindy kids just had to jump on the mat. Pretty funny cause that mat is pretty high !!!
Next up was C with the 100 meters.
Great running action C !!!
E getting her hat tossed about with the parachute.
C doing a great job on long jump. She jumped 1m  67cm.
E trying very hard not to drop her bean bag in the relays.
Don't drop that egg !!!
C trying out shot put with a proper ball this year.
Last event for C was the high jump

All in all it wasn't a bad day although E did go home before lunch and C lasted till the end of lunch. Neither wanted to finish the day. I don't blame them. The weather was really hot so the kids got really tired real quick and so did I !!! I was more than happy to go home !!

I am very proud of both my girls for getting in and having a good go at everything they do.

1 comment:

  1. What serious action shots. Nice job!! And nice job girls on your day of fun!!!!

    ReplyDelete